Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Joys of Bone Innerds. Yes. I-N-N-E-R-D-S.

How excited I was to make my first bone marrow dish....Wait - I suppose I should preface this little tale with a comment about how magically wonderful my boyfriend makes pretty much anything, but before my mind starts to ramble and this post becomes the next MacGyver in story telling - I will just say this: His seafood stew created that night - with the finest of catches from "Poissonnerie Sherbrooke" in Westmount (http://www.poissonneriesherbrooke.com) - was so delicious it was actually laughter provoking. And possibly not as funny as when you've had "two dozen too many" oysters with your boyfriends grandparents at .35 cent Millie's in West Palm Beach, and the grandfather can't stop talking like an Indian taxi driver on the way home...but it's pretty darn close.

Now where was I...

Bones. How I love them. I had my first date with this devil a few years back, and was hooked. It's a succulent taste that can't really be described in words - but unfortunately many offer the excuse of not trying them due to "the texture" - I like to offer a rebuttal that these people should just stop eating altogether - because I'm not sure that skeletal muscle and associated fat is really that much better (meat). I'm happy to say that I make the best bones in town, and although "Le Chien Fumant" and L'Express offer a great comparison - nothing quite rings in the kids like a few freshly cut bones simmering over heirloom carrot soup topped with a coin of leak.





No comments:

Post a Comment