Tuesday, November 23, 2010

First Time For Everything....

My introduction can be somewhat summed up in the title I suppose : "Eat.Love.Say" - and although not entirely original - fitting nonetheless. Noam and I will be eating and cooking as much as possible - chefistry without cookbooks and devoured by all those who are lucky enough to join us ;) Noam may pop up here every once and a while hopefully - to write about food, perhaps a real estate comment here and there...so stay tuned.

-----

So, I really should have started this blog about 12 months ago when I made my most delicious salmon tartar to date. It was French style - basil olive oil, basil herbs, tomato powder, mix of spices of different sorts - most of which I cannot and possibly should not reveal....all atop a bed of chopped tomato & lemony guac. Luckily I have a photo of it - to reminisce and to gloat - because it was delicious, the taste was impeccable and well...that's the way I like it.



Noam complimented my starter with one of his own ~ a home-made, PEI-inspired ceviche. Cod crowned with scallops, shrimps, thinly sliced red onion and jalapeno. We realized that we could have done without the jalapeno and the slithers of green grapes I threw in to the lime juice marinade while he wasn't looking - but it was still almost perfection regardless and looked pretty.


No comments:

Post a Comment